Sunday, February 9, 2014

pushing yourself:when too know your limits.



     I was talking with my friend Drew about his hobby and mine, his being pogo sticking, and mine being scootering, since they are kinda relatively the same thing. So anyways we were talking about progression and pushing yourself. I know you're thinking,"Mike where are you taking us with this?" Well what i'm talking about can relate with almost anything anybody does for a hobby, learning that new trick that you always wanted to do, trying new daring things on foods, or just pushing yourself too be a better person. But with some things when is pushing things too far too much?

     I found this out in a painful way last year when i went for a trick that i knew was really hard. I hurt myself badly multiple times trying to do it. Knowing that my friend can do it almost every try, that did motivate me to do it. But my friend is also a lot more skilled and has been scootering far longer then me. So after trying all day, and several painfully aching bones and bruises later. I decided that i will try each time i go and see if i can get it, also taking advice from him which help. It took me over four minutes to actually get the trick down. But even after that and pushing myself slowly i felt really good that i did land it!

     Some people can push themselves more in certain areas of certain things but that is because there body can. Think of it like this, some people are in Advanced math and some people are in basic. Just because your in basic doesn't mean necessairly that the advanced kids are smarter, you just learn at a slower pace then them, which is okay! Because you may also be much faster at picking up certain things then them. So next time you may feel bad that someone knows more then something about you or someone can do more things in a certain hobby then you. Don't feel bad it's okay to learn at your own pace and too know your own limits when it comes to physical activities.

I'll see you guys later,

Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment