Tuesday, February 4, 2014

insight to my hobbies.

     I bet you probably read my blog name and wondered, gaming through lives? that's an odd title. I thought lives would just tie in better with the hobbies I enjoy too do. Not only does this connect to Mario, but also what I like to do as a hobby and enjoy too do with my friends. I'm Mike Minton, I'm sixteen years old and I enjoy playing video games. No this isn't my only hobby, I enjoy listening to music and scootering, but video gaming right now is one of my big ones and anyone who knows me knows that I'm very passionate about my gaming.

     But some ponder the question, why play  video games? there a waste of your time and all they do is rot your brain and make you anti social. In my case I don't find this t o be true.  I am an average student in school and comprehend things very well. If its visual I tend to pick it up fast. Just like I do with video games. I don't find myself sitting in my room playing call of duty or fallout and not talking to anyone. I'm usually connected to online via xbox live and t talking to my friends. In fact my closest friends I have become  close with because of video games. That's what I love about them. You can make conversation with any other gamer and usually hit it off quite well sharing ideas or thoughts on that next new game that's coming out soon. And it gives me and a lot of other people a place where they can fit in, where you don't have to be judged upon what you look like ( unless you're camping in halo, no one likes a camper), or where you have been in your life. Video games to me and to others helps relieve stress and give people a sense of accomplishment or just a place to fit in.

     But then again, who knew that my hobby can be judged upon by so many people in this society. I'm not one to judge upon what other people do. My big brother likes to rock climb, do I say that it's dumb and stupid just to climb up a Rockwall or a manmade one? no, I actually think quite opposite and wish I could compel myself to face that fear of height, I envy him that he is passionate about what he loves to do. And my little brother loves to snowboard.  I don't hate that he is on a mountain in -10 degree weather, he enjoys  what he does and t hat he  strives to be good and is actually really good at it! But I just feel that when I play videogames around my family I feel judged.  I know t hat sometimes its inappropriate like  playing It on thanksgiving, but  when I m trying to enjoy  myself with my friends or im at school and I hear comments like, "oh wow mikes playing video games that's  a  shocker", or ,"videogames is a obsession not a hobby," it really brings down my self esteem. Making me feel like I  can't do a nothing but play them.

     I haven't been getting the best grades lately, frankly I know I can try m ore. My mom took m y video game console away cause she thinks It will make me focus on schooling more. When really I just feel like crap cause that's the one way I communicate with my friends, and a way I can enjoy myself at home and feel accomplished knowing I beat a level or won a match. I play to relieve stress and it is a very important thing to me. Someone  tried comparing it to drugs, in no way do I see it being as bad as crack.

     I would just wish that before people judged on playing video games, to at least know where I come from on the stance of playing video games and why I play them.

      I hope you enjoyed reading this and learned some valuable information about me. Also here's a video that I really enjoyed that may open your mind as to why you or someone you know plays videogames.



No comments:

Post a Comment